What should I do on my gap year?
In order to decide what you should do on your gap year, you should think about what interests you; what you'd like to develop, and what you'd like to try.
Gap year trips can fall into six main categories. Narrowing down your options from these can help you decide what you should do on your gap year:
- Paid Work: This is your chance to make money and get work experience across a range of industries abroad!
- Adventure Travel: Parties, safaris, beach breaks, watersports & more! Perfect for a fun, action packed experience!
- Volunteering: Make a difference at vital volunteer projects all across the globe.
- Group Tours: Explore stunning destinations with a group of like-minded travellers and a guide. Perfect for first time travellers.
- Learn & Develop: Learn a language, develop a skill or gain a qualification.
- Around the World: Travel all around the world and become the ultimate explorer!
Alternatively, you could do a mixture of everything, and divide your time up how you want!
How should I plan my time?
Once you’ve decided what you should do on your gap year, you should plan your time away. Here are some handy hints:
- Don’t try to cram everything into a very short space of time. You need to account for things like delays, unexpected route changes, and a whole host of other irregularities.
- Set aside more than enough time to do what you want to do. That way, you can be sure that everything will get done, and you'll be likely to then have some spare time that you can use to relax!
- Plan your trips in a logical order. Don’t bounce from one end of the globe to the other and back again!
Ultimately, only you can decide what you should do on your gap year! Whatever you decide, you’re sure to have a blast!