Work in Sydney
Paid work for up to a year
Book now for €58
See all reviews
Group Size: Varies
Trip code: AUPW
Duration: Up to 12 months
An intensive 5-day employment experience designed to kick start your Aussie life, this Sydney paid work package provides all the help, advice and essential support you’ll need to secure a job in Sydney or beyond. Take advantage of the Working Holiday Visa available to 18-30 year olds and spend up to a year Down Under in Oz! With 12 months of continuous job support, help and advice available, on this trip you’ll get into the Aussie work and travel lifestyle in no time. This package focuses on getting you working and finding your feet in Oz. If you are travelling alone or would prefer a programme with lots of fun activities and chances to make loads of new friends take a look at our Absolute Oz Jobs programme which includes all the parts of this package with loads of added fun group activities.
- Live it up down under in one of central Sydney’s top hostels, meet new mates, and explore famous Aussie attractions
- With 12 months’ job support and a mail holding service, you’ll have all the best advice on working, living and travelling round Australia, plus we’ll help you find a job fast!
- Bringing all the essentials together, we’ll help get your Aussie resume looking amazing, give you interview advice, get you a Tax File Number, an Aussie SIM card & Medicare and help you find a flat if you need it!
- Five days of hassle-free hostel fun means you'll enjoy the ideal introduction to Aussie life
- Take an included Sydney city tour and enjoy the buzz of this awesome Aussie city!
Staying with us for a total of five days in our top hostel in Sydney, you’ll learn how to make yourself employable in Australia. During your stay we’ll show you around some of the local sights, introduce you to our team and give you all the information and help you’ll need to get yourself employed and prepared for life in Oz.
We’ll help you sort out your CV/ resume, give you advice about how to set up an Aussie bank account before you travel, brush up your interview skills, get you a tax number, an Aussie SIM card, medicare, give you accommodation advice, and provide 12 months worth of job support after your introductory trip.
Please note that this is a job service package so there is no fixed itinerary. You are welcome to visit our office Monday to Friday throughout your time in Australia. There is free Wi-Fi access available in the office, and you can use your own laptops, tablets or smartphones here. There is also a printer available for printing your CV etc.
Listed below are a few of the activities and events we’ll get you involved in during your stay -
- Arrive on Sunday - airport shuttle to your hostel. Settle in.
- City walking tour - 11:30am on Monday
- Optional Welcome Dinner - 7:30pm on Monday evening.
- Work & Travel Session
- Option to join our Coogee to Bondi Beach walk
- Optional activity - Find a Flat
The prices will load here automatically, if this does not happen for you: Click here to view Prices
Flying into Sydney International (SYD) Airport, a pre-paid transfer is included on an airport shuttle service, which will take you directly to your hostel accommodation.
Staying for five nights in the ‘Wake Up!’ hostel, one of the best backpacker stops in central Sydney, you’ll enjoy modern facilities and sleep in a shared dorm which accommodates 10 people.
Sharing in hostels is often the best way to meet a lot of new people very quickly, and as there are constantly new people arriving from all over the world, you’ll have heaps of new mates to discover Down Under with.
Facilities at the hostel include-
- A 24-hour reception
- A backpacker bar – a major hub for Sydney’s backpacker nightlife, and the perfect place to get to know your new dorm-mates
- A bar restaurant, which serves some tasty but cheap tucker
- Café (where breakfast is served) boasting a delicious menu, open until 5pm
- TV room/ lounge where you can chill out in a spacious private cinematic-style room, with DVDs playing late into the night
- An industrial sized kitchen, complete with storage areas and refrigerators
- Travel & information desk, with all the essential information and advice on the best places visit, eat and drink, with friendly staff available to book you onto tours
- Air conditioning
- Luggage storage – up to 1 month
- Phone booths on every floor
- Security lockers
- Laundry – washing machines, dryers, iron and ironing boards available
- Internet & WiFi, with computers available 24 hours a day
- Postal service
Meals are not included during this trip, though you are welcome to use the hostel kitchen facilities.
What do I do about accommodation after the first 5 days?
After the first 5 days of accommodation some people decide to extend their stay in a hostel or they decide to rent an apartment.
The most popular option is to rent an apartment. Our team in Sydney can assist you with this. The advantage of renting is that it is the cheaper option and you get your own private room. Our customers often end up renting a place with the friends they meet in their first week on this programme. You can expect to pay £100-£150 per week. The minimum contract is normally 3 months but some agencies will ask you to commit to six months.
Alternatively you can extend your stay in a hostel. This is a great option for those that want to travel around quite a lot. Hostels offer cheaper rates for those that want a long term stay, for example for one month or more. It is really easy to book accommodation in hostels. You can often walk in and get a room that day but we recommend that you make a reservation the night before. Depending on where you stay in Australia, you can expect to pay around £140-£175 per week.
Please note that when you are working in Australia, you will earn enough to cover your living expenses like rent, food and bills. If you would like anymore information, please contact us for more details.
Due to Working Holiday Visa age restrictions, this trip is only available to 18-30 year olds. As you are planning to work in Australia whilst you’re here you’ll need to apply for a Working Holiday Visa. You can choose to book your Work in Australia programme with the visa included.
Please note: If you have a criminal record, you are able to apply for a Working Holiday Visa, but due to the specific information required while filling out the application form we will not be able to process your visa for you, and this must be applied for individually.
This Working Holiday Visa is available to passport holders from:
- the Republic of Cyprus
- Hong Kong SAR
- the Republic of Ireland
- the Republic of Korea
- the Netherlands
- United Kingdom.
To be eligible, applicants need to meet the following requirements:
- Hold a passport issued by an eligible country or region
- Be aged 18-30 (inclusive) at the time of applying
- Not be accompanied by dependent children at any time during their stay in Australia
- Meet health, character and financial requirements
- Not have previously entered Australia on a Work and Holiday visa
- Not have previously entered Australia on a Working Holiday visa (unless applying for a second visa)
- Be outside Australia when they apply and when their visa is granted
- Apply within 12 months of intended travel to Australia.
- Have sufficient funds
- Have funds for a return or onward ticket to depart Australia (or an actual ticket)
- Have health insurance
How to apply:
You can book this programme with a visa included. If you apply individually for a visa, Working Holiday visa applications may be made online (via Australian Immigration) or by filling out a paper application form. Online applications may be processed sooner than paper applications and are really simple to complete. Ask us for more details.
Applicants from the following countries must apply for the Work AND Holiday Visa which differs slightly from the Working Holiday Visa:
You will need to apply for Medicare once you are in Australia and in order to do this please ensure that you can provide TWO forms of ID e.g. passport, driving licence, birth certificate.