Work in New Zealand
Have fun & make friends on a New Zealand working holiday!
Book now for €59
See all reviews
Group Size: Varies
Trip code: NZWO
Duration: Up to 12 months
Are you aged 18-30 and looking for the perfect paid work adventure in New Zealand? This comprehensive 2 or 7-night working holiday package based in amazing Auckland offers everything you need to spend 12 months working in New Zealand. Combining comprehensive support with freedom and flexibility, this working holiday experience is not to be missed. With a detailed orientation, unlimited access to our job support team, a job advice presentation and access to an online jobs database, you will have all the help you need to get set up for paid work in New Zealand. Make money, meet new friends and have fun on this life-changing experience in one of the world’s hottest gap year destinations!
- Get into the job market quickly with this comprehensive work package and add skills to your CV whilst earning money on a unique working holiday
- Get 12 months of unlimited access job support during your time in New Zealand, including access to an online jobs database where you can search for that perfect NZ job!
- 2 or 7 nights' accommodation, breakfasts and an airport transfer is included in buzzing central Auckland so you'll soon make new travelling mates in NZ
- All the extras are taken care of from a SIM card to a bank account, mail holding, tax number registration, and much more!
- Experience the adventure activities that New Zealand is famous for!
2 or 7 nights of accommodation is included, based in a central and lively Auckland hostel with plenty of like-minded travellers. When you arrive you will take part in a detailed orientation session and job search presentation. Then you can begin your job hunt with the assistance of our job support team who you can visit for personal consultations at any time during your working holiday in New Zealand.
You will find out about the best interview techniques, how to create a CV tailored to the New Zealand job market, and the answers to lots of other frequently asked questions! You will then get 12 months of personal job support from our team in New Zealand, including unlimited access to consultations, a local 24 hour emergency hotline, and access to an online jobs database! The rest of your New Zealand itinerary is up to you, and will depend on the jobs you do and how many hours you want to work.
As part of the package you get…
- Kiwi bank account - You'll get your very own New Zealand bank account which we'll help you set up once you arrive in New Zealand
- Tax File Number - To receive an income in New Zealand you need to have a Tax File Number. You will be given assistance applying to the IRD (Inland Revenue Department) for one so you can concentrate on earning some cash!
- A New Zealand SIM card - a vital tool for anyone planning to work here, as you’ll need to be contactable to arrange interviews and accept job offers, so we help sort your SIM and mobile for you.
- Visa information – if you want to stay longer there are plenty of options, and we'll give you advice on how to extend your visa.
- Unlimited internet access at our Auckland office!
- Access to incredible offers and discounts, perfect for the savvy traveller!
- Mail holding and forwarding, so you can get letters and other post sent and stored at the Auckland office - perfect for when you're having adventures around New Zealand!
- Luggage storage for a maximum of 4 weeks at the Auckland office
- Departure advice including how to close your bank account, how to reclaim tax, and tips for onward travel
What type of jobs are available?
New Zealand has an incredible range of jobs on offer, often in seasonal jobs, which work well for any travellers visiting on working holiday visas. This job programme can help you find work across a number of fields, taking on roles in hospitality, sales, mechanics, farm work, fruit-picking, driving, shop assistants, cleaners, builders, painters, in general office positions and many more. You can apply for paid work all across New Zealand, and there are many jobs available in the bigger cities such as Wellington or in Auckland, where your journey begins. Whatever your New Zealand working wish, you can choose from a great variety of paid work options to make sure you get the most out of your Working Holiday Visa.
What wages will I earn?
The average wage you can expect to earn while working in New Zealand is around NZD18 an hour. This will of course vary depending on the job you do and your level of experience. There are great flexible jobs on offer all across New Zealand and with 12 months of job support you’re never far away from your next working adventure!
The prices will load here automatically, if this does not happen for you: Click here to view Prices
You will need to arrange flights into Auckland International Airport (AKL). A shuttle bus is included from the airport to your central Auckland hostel. This trip has totally flexible start dates to suit you!
Your first 2 or 7 nights' accommodation is included. Staying right in the middle of the Auckland action, you’ll be close to all the shops, cafés and restaurants, and have easy access to our jobs team. Staying in a shared 4 bed dorm you’ll make new friends quickly.
The accommodation has great facilities, including a large fully equipped kitchen, communal dining room and a relaxing lounge area with Sky TV and a pool table. There is also various DVDs for you to use and a book exchange, as well as 24 hour staff and laundry facilities.
Breakfast is included during your stay at the hostel, whilst lunches and dinners are left up to you - you can either prepare your own meals in the hostel kitchen, or try out some of the local cafes and restaurants close by in town.
Long-term accommodation options
Our jobs team in New Zealand can give you great advice and assistance in finding long term accommodation for your time in New Zealand.
Most travellers who head out to New Zealand end up either sharing an apartment with other Working Holiday travellers or extend their stay in a hostel. The advantage of renting is that it works out cheaply, especially if you share, and you get your own private room. Our customers often end up renting a place with the friends they meet in their first week on the programme.
Alternatively you can extend your stay in a hostel. This is a great option for those that want to travel around quite a lot. Hostels offer cheaper rates for those that want a long term stay, for example for one month or more. It is really easy to book accommodation in hostels; you can often walk in and get a room that day but we recommend that you make a reservation the night before.
Your wages will cover any living expenses such as rent, food and bills. If you would like any more information about costs and accommodation please contact us for more details.
Due to the Working Holiday Visa age restrictions, this trip is only available to 18-30 year olds. As you are planning to work in New Zealand whilst you’re here, you’ll need to apply for a Working Holiday Visa, which gives you twelve months eligibility to live and work in New Zealand. This can be done online through the New Zealand Immigration website. Feel free to contact us for further information.
To be eligible for a Work Visa/Permit applicants must:
- Hold a valid passport from the country whose scheme they are applying under;
- Be aged no less than 18 years of age and no more than 30 years of age
- Not be accompanied by children;
- Have a return ticket, or sufficient funds to purchase such a ticket;
- Meet health and character requirements;
- Be the holder of a valid temporary permit if applying from within New Zealand; and
- Not previously have been approved a visa or permit under a Working Holiday Scheme.